What we do
Roughan & O’Donovan uses the technology and systems engineering processes associated with BIM to support effective design, risk management, construction and asset management.
We have been using advanced 3D modelling and standardised data exchange for road, bridge and structures design for many years.
Certified by the British Standards Institution, our Level 2 BIM processes are integrated with our Quality Management System.
- Improved design, construction and asset management outcomes for clients
- Reduced risk of costly delays through construction phasing and clash detection
- Greater efficiencies in the management of design changes
- Improved understanding of complex design concepts through visualisation
- Greater project predictability
- Improved access to validated asset information
Roughan & O’Donovan is taking a lead role, at a European level, in the implementation of BIM for road infrastructure design, construction and asset management.
As part of the CEDR INTERLINK project, we are currently examining how best practice in the use of BIM in asset information management can be practically applied across European national road authorities.
Working in a consortium of industry leaders in research, asset management, engineering consulting, BIM, IT consulting and software development, we are investigating how linked data and sematic web technologies can provide cross-border benefits.
- Building information modelling
- Asset information management
- Parametric modelling
- Integrated project delivery
- Application of linked data and semantic web technologies
- 4D modelling and visualisation
- Constructability analysis and review
- Multi-disciplinary collaborative work processes
- Simulation and performance analyses