Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18 and Northwood, Dublin 9
Job Type: Permanent
Apply to: email@example.com
This role provides an excellent opportunity for you to work independently, or as part of a multidisciplinary team, on a variety of roads and transportation projects.
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancies.
We are currently working on several high-profile local, national and international projects, including the Athy distributor road and the Limerick southern ring road PPP.
- Qualified engineer with minimum of an honours degree in civil engineering
- 3-7 years post graduate experience in civil engineering sector
- Minimum of 3 years' direct experience in design for transportation projects
- Knowledge of relevant design standards
- Proficiency in roads/transportation design software/technologies
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality design outputs
- Comfortable working in a busy work environment with tight deadlines
- Experience of preparing detailed works contract specifications
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Flexible, motivated and focused
- Desire to learn and develop
- Membership of a recognised professional body in the engineering sector
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Chartered membership of a recognised professional body in the engineering sector
- Knowledge of TII and NTA project management guidelines
- Knowledge of Irish design standards e.g. DMRB, DMURS, National Cycle Manual etc.
- Experience of liaising with clients and stakeholders, such as service and utility companies
- Knowledge of 3D roads design software e.g. Openroads, MX, Civil 3D
- Knowledge of traffic modelling software e.g. Paramics, Vissim, etc.
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Have your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunities employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.