Location: South Dublin and North Dublin
This role provides an excellent opportunity for you to gain valuable experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and delivering projects across a range of sectors including, transportation, infrastructure development and tourism.
You will also participate in a structured training and development programme designed to help you build the knowledge, skills and competencies you need to become chartered.
About Roughan & O'Donovan
ROD is one Ireland's leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancies. We are working on several high-profile national and international projects and can provide you with the opportunity to learn on a variety of project types.
Current projects include:
- Planning and environmental appraisal of sites/lands
- Preparation of supporting documentation for feasibility studies and planning applications
- Preparation of inputs for and co-ordination of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA)
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Relevant planning/environmental science qualification (BSc, BA, MSc)
- Knowledge of EIA and SEA processes
- Good knowledge of environmental legislation and the Irish planning system
- Excellent report writing and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a busy environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and quality outputs
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency/high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Self-motivated, positive, assertive and focused
- MSc qualification
- Experience using Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O'Donovan is an equal opportunities employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.