Job type: Full-time Permanent
Location: South Dublin
The ideal candidate should have 1 or 2 years desk side, face-to-face IT support / technician experience and may be a recent graduate or currently studying part-time to complete an IT qualification. The role provides an excellent opportunity to work with a busy and expanding IT team.
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan is one of Ireland's leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancies. We provide a fully integrated engineering design service and employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 180 people.
The IT Support Assistant will be assisting the IT Team in general duties which may include but not limited to the following:
- Maintenance of the company’s ICT systems and infrastructure
- Installation of new and existing hardware and software across the network
- Providing technical support for all users including users in remote locations
- Monitoring and solving logged calls
- Setting up workstations, laptops, mobile devices, printers etc. and moving IT equipment around the office as required
- Ownership of and assisting with general trouble-shooting
- Liaising with 3rd party services providers as required
- Performing other ad hoc duties as may arise from time to time
- Contributing as part of the team to the continual enhancement of IT services and support to the organisations end users
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Experience of on-site, face-to-face, desk side IT support.
- Proven track record of troubleshooting techniques an advantage
- Qualification in IT / Computing or currently working towards qualification
- Exposure to and knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems including Windows 7 / 10
- Exposure to and knowledge of Microsoft applications including Office 365
- Basic working knowledge of networking components and protocols
Key competencies / attributes
- Ability and eagerness to interpret problems and work out solutions to them in a helpful and proactive manner
- Ability to work and adapt within a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Strongly motivated individual who possesses good initiative and work productivity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including good written and oral English
- Trustworthy individual with awareness of confidentiality and privacy issues associated with in-house IT
- Keen interest in learning about current and new technology
- This is a hands-on, end-user facing position, so candidates must have 1 to 1 user support experience.
Step 1 : Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply to email@example.com
Roughan & O'Donovan is an equal opportunities employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.