Salary: Commensurate with experience
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking an experienced quantity surveyor to join our team and assist in providing the cost management service on infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will have a good background in cost management and cost controls and be self-driven to deliver a high level of service to our client.
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is one Ireland's leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancies.
We are working on several high-profile national and international projects and can provide you with the opportunity to learn on a variety of project types.
Current projects include:
Skills and requirements
- You must have at least 10 years’ satisfactory experience of quantity surveying work, including not less than three years' experience in civil engineering work and the delivery of road infrastructure projects
- You must hold a degree in quantity surveying (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- You must possess a high standard of technical training and experience in the preparation of preliminary appraisal of projects; cost estimates; full bills of quantities/estimates; tender analysis to ensure value for money is achieved and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
- SCSI RICS Chartered (preferable but not mandatory)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, including MS Project
- Proficiency in the use of standard cost management software tools
- Experience of the processes in the TII Cost Management Manual
- Experience in managing procedures and systems for accurate record keeping and cost management
- Experience of preparing clear and concise reports
- Direct experience of project team work
Step 1 : Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2019
Roughan & O'Donovan is an equal opportunities employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.