Job type: Permanent
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a member of our highways and transportation team, you will provide planning, design and construction support for a variety of infrastructure projects related to surface water drainage and flooding.
About Roughan & O'Donovan
ROD is one of Ireland's leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancies.
We are currently working on several high-profile national and international projects, including:
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Chartered or nearing chartered status is desirable
- Membership of a professional body, such as Engineers Ireland, Institute of Civil Engineers or similar
- Experience in designing surface water drainage systems for road projects in accordance with DMRB
- Experience in design-build contracts
- Experience in storm catchment assessment and analysis, hydrology/flood risk assessments
- Hydraulic analysis and design of storm water drainage systems (all stages)
- Proficiency and experience in Windes/Microdrainage, StormCAD, Infoworks, FloodModeller and HEC-RAS desirable
- 5 to 10 years' relevant experience and sector knowledge
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Provide a high-quality service to our clients in the public and private sectors
- Strong technical ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong report writing skills
- Capacity to self-motivate
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Have your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunities employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.