Roughan & O’Donovan provided full design services for this scheme comprising a western bypass of Killaloe, a major bridge crossing of the River Shannon and an upgrade of the R494 regional road.
We provided full design services for this 8km road scheme, from constraints study and route selection through detailed design and planning.
Our scheme design was supported by detailed baseline studies, impact assessments and a suite of mitigation measures.
- Land severance issues associated with the bypass of Killaloe
- Property impacts associated with the upgrade of the R494
- Environmental impacts due to proximity to the Lower River Shannon cSAC and Lough Derg SPA
- Environmental engineering consultancy
- Planning and development
- Civil engineering design
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Appropriate Assessment