Roughan & O’Donovan undertook the role of Employer’s Representative on this 7km single carriageway scheme, which included the 3 span extrados River Erne Bridge and a major bridge crossing of a protected bog woodland habitat.
The scheme involved:
- Preliminary and detailed design of both the River Erne Bridge and a 140m long bridge, which cleared the most sensitive parts of Augnaguig bog
- Providing advice in relation to Advanced Works Contracts
- Making recommendations in relation to Aghnaguig bog
- Preparing design and build contract documentation
- Supporting the tender consultation process through to award of contract
- Performing the role of Employer’s Representative
- Works monitoring
The many bogs along the route, particularly the environmentally sensitive Aughnaguig bog and the habitats contained within it, presented a significant challenge to our team.
We prepared detailed method statements for all works in and adjacent to the SAC and undertook hydrogeological monitoring from the preliminary design stage.
- Contract administration
- Environmental engineering consultancy
- Bridge engineering design
- Environmental Impact Assessment