Roughan & O'Donovan completed permanent and temporary works design of this major, multi-span viaduct at the N7/N18 interchange northwest of Limerick City.
Structure B11 on the Limerick Southern Ring Road Phase II (Limerick PPP Scheme) carries N7 mainline traffic over a slip road and tidal creek.
- Fully integral, twin viaducts, 169.6m and 178.5m in length
- 6 spans on the south structure and five spans on the north structure
- In situ cast reinforced concrete boxes with a maximum span/depth ratio of 23
- Inset, single leaf piers to minimise visual impact
- Shallow deck cantilevers to enhance the bridge’s slender appearance
Designing a high quality structure, which could be constructed economically in complex soft ground conditions and settle well within a rural environment servicing a very busy traffic flow, proved challenging.
Our innovative design provided substantial benefits, in terms of construction and whole life maintenance costs, to our client.
- Bridge engineering design
- Geotechnical design
- Temporary works design
- Alignment and road works engineering design