What we do
Roughan & O’Donovan’s dedicated research and development company, ROD-IS, explores, analyses and solves the infrastructure challenges facing today's infrastructure owners and managers.
We draw on the expertise of our network of universities, research institutes and industry partners to accelerate the development of new technologies and solutions for clients.
As scientific lead on the CEDR INTERLINK project, I am researching the use of building information modelling (BIM) for civil infrastructure asset management.
Aonghus O'KeeffeAssociate, Roughan & O'Donovan
As scientific lead on the CEDR WATCH project, I am researching ways of attaining effective and sustainable stormwater management practices in the face of climate change.
John Paul RooneyAssociate, Roughan & O'Donovan
As a researcher on the Safe 10-T Rail project, I am developing protocols for advanced, real-time condition assessments of transport infrastructure assets.
Ciaran CareyResearch Engineer
Our research aims to help infrastructure owners and managers save money by:
- Identifying the most economic asset management strategy
- Minimizing the premature replacement of existing infrastructure
- Producing optimal infrastructural designs
- Improving infrastructure resilience
- Risk based asset management
- Structural health monitoring
- Topological optimisation
- Traffic load modelling
- Data modelling
- Reliability analysis
- Whole-life optimised management
- Probabilistic load modelling
- Statistical modelling
- Structural modelling
- Vehicle-bridge dynamic interaction
- Long run simulations of traffic loading on bridges
- Fatigue life assessment
- Code development