Job type: Permanent
Closing date: 9 September 2021
To apply: Email email@example.com
About the role
This is an ideal role for an ambitious individual looking to pursue further accounting qualifications and progress their career.
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. Our company has grown rapidly in recent years, and we now employ over 200 people of 20 nationalities in our Dublin and UK offices.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
- Managing and producing all fee invoices
- Working with project managers to ensure correct revenue recognition
- Credit control and management of accounts receivable function
- Maintaining sub-consultants register
- Managing sub-consultants invoices
- Project reporting to project managers and directors
- Managing the electronic filing and archiving of contracts and fee-related documents
- Assisting the financial controller with the company’s insurance renewals
- Assisting the financial controller with monthly reporting to the Board of Directors
- Assisting the financial controller with intercompany accounting routines
- Undertaking additional administrative tasks as requested
- Accounting technician or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar finance role
- Knowledge of VAT guidelines
- Excellent IT skills, MS Excel in particular
- Strong organisational skills, including multitasking
- Ability to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines
- Good team work skills
- Strong work ethic
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Previous experience using Sage Professional 2014
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Your cover letter and CV should be cut and pasted into the body of the email rather than being sent as separate attachments
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.