Location: Athlone town
Duration: Up to 18 months contract
To apply: Email email@example.com
About the role
You will be part of the site supervision team for the construction of a pedestrian and cycle bridge across the River Shannon in the heart of Athlone town centre.
The scheme comprises:
- construction of a two-span, steel composite bridge, with a central pier in the middle of the river and end supports on the river banks
- construction of the east and west approach ramps structures, landings, staircases, and cantilevered walkways along the river
The bridge will be located 75-metres north of the existing Custume Bridge, adjacent to the Radisson Hotel to the east and the Luan Gallery to the west. The overall length of the bridge is approximately 104-metres.
- Degree in engineering or construction management (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- At least three years’ satisfactory experience in the supervision of roads and related civil engineering works
- A high standard of technical training and experience, with excellent IT skills
- A good knowledge and awareness of health and safety legislation and regulations, the implications for the organisation and the employee, and their application in the workplace
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Suite and AutoCAD
- Experienced in implementing procedures and systems for accurate record-keeping
- Experienced in preparing clear and concise reports
- Chartered engineer status (CEng MIEI or equivalent)
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. Our company has grown rapidly in recent years, and we now employ over 200 people of 20 nationalities in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our current projects include:
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Copy and paste your cover letter and CV into the body of an email (rather than sending them as separate attachments)
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.