Location: N56 Drumbeigh to Inver road scheme in Co. Donegal
Contract duration: six to nine months
About the role
You will be part of the site-based team responsible for supervising the construction stage of the final phase of the N56 Drumbeigh to Inver Road scheme in Co. Donegal.
Located approximately 3.5km west of the village of Mountcharles, the scheme includes the construction of 2.46km of Type 1 single carriageway, comprising 7.3m road carriageway with 2.5m hard shoulders and 3m grass verges.
In supervising the road construction, your duties will include:
- construction of reinforced concrete structures
- culverts and associated drainage
- traffic management
- materials quality and testing
- checking lines, formation, levels and layouts of the works to ensure conformity with the drawings and works requirements
- A degree in engineering (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- At least three years’ postgraduate experience in the design or construction of road projects
- A high standard of technical training, with excellent IT skills
- A good knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations, their application in the workplace and implication for the organisation and the employee
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Our current projects include:
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.