Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, D. 18 or Woodford, D.17
About the role
You will join a talented bridge team with a reputation for delivering complex bridge design projects across Ireland and the UK.
You will provide specialist, technically demanding input to bridge and multidisciplinary civil engineering projects.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to deepen your technical knowledge whilst advancing your professional development under the guidance of experienced mentors.
From award-winning cable-stayed bridges to small footbridges and culverts, our team’s bridge solutions combine engineering excellence with graceful design. Our services cover the entire bridge cycle from initial planning, preliminary and detailed design through to inspection, maintenance and rehabilitation.
Current and recent projects include:
- DART+ West
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- River Clyde Bridge in Renfrewshire, Scotland
- Waterford City Public Infrastructure Project
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe Dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- A6 Randalstown to Castledawson ECI in Northern Ireland
- Northern Spire Bridge in Sunderland, UK
- Inputting - from early project stages - to scopes, specifications and interpretations of surveys, inspection and investigative works, optioneering and scheme design
- Preliminary and detailed design of bridges
- Supporting the delivery of projects
- Working with bridges and civil structures across a range of materials and forms, superstructure, substructure and foundation design
- Performing engineering calculations and analyses using computer models or spreadsheets to determine loads on bridge components
- Assisting in the production of drawings
- Contributing to documents, including authoring technical reports, such as AIPs, specifications and contract documents
- Supporting graduate engineers as they progress towards chartership
- Honours degree in civil/structural engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- Three to seven years' relevant post-qualification experience
- Strong technical knowledge and engineering skills
- Ability to produce quality design outputs
- Excellent attention to detailing of bridge structures
- Flexible, motivated and focused
- A strong work ethic
- Fluent or highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to undertake bridge structure analytical modelling, such as construction stage analysis and finite element
- Experience of working independently on detailed bridge design
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes in the field of bridge design
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Chartered or working towards chartered status with a recognised professional body
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is expert in planning, designing and managing major infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients across Ireland and the UK. An independently owned firm, we employ a team of more than 200 people, of over 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme. We have developed comprehensive student placement, internship, graduate and chartership support programmes to help our team reach their full potential, both as individuals and as engineers.
We offer health and wellbeing packages, flexible working and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
We are a friendly team with an active social committee. From surfing weekends, ski events and comedy clubs to tag rugby, cycling challenges and five-a-side, you'll find lots of ways to get involved.
Our portfolio includes:
- bridges, highways, roads, public transport and greenways in Ireland and the UK
- residential, health, education, office and retail developments
- asset management
- research and development
- environmental services
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link: https://shorturl.at/hnovO
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.