Contract type: Permanent
Location: Otley, 15 km north of Leeds
To apply: Email email@example.com
You will work alongside colleagues and contractor-clients providing technical engineering support for bridgeworks on a wide range of schemes.
Our UK bridges team undertakes technically demanding design and consultancy services work. The team is led by a principal bridge engineer, who reports to a UK based director.
ROD is a welcoming and friendly company. We genuinely care about our staff. Our Otley office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe.
- Minimum five years’ professional experience working with the technical aspects of bridges
- Chartered or nearing Chartered Engineer status with ICE or IStructE
- Experience in the use of bridge codes of practice e.g. Eurocodes, BS 5400, DMRB
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Computer structural modelling skills: grillages and finite element analysis
- Multi-disciplinary experience, including highways, rail and moving bridges
- A desire to learn
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is a director owned company founded in 1974. We employ over 190 people in the UK and Ireland. About 25% of our work is currently UK based, and this figure is growing steadily owing to our strong relationships with clients.
ROD provides civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services with a notable specialism in bridges. Our head office is in Dublin. Our UK office is in the Yorkshire market town of Otley, 15 km north of Leeds.
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.