Job type: Permanent
Location: Dublin, Ireland or Leeds, UK, with agreed flexible/hybrid working arrangements
About the roles
ROD's major bridges and civil structures team is responsible for the planning, design and construction of cable-supported bridges, moveable bridges and other civil engineering structures.
We are looking to fill the following roles within the team:
- Engineers with three to seven years' post-qualification experience
- Engineers with eight to 15 years' post-qualification experience
- Engineers with 15+ years' post-qualification experience
Our current and recent projects include:
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- River Clyde Bridge in Renfrewshire, Scotland
- Humber Bridge Maintenance Operation in England
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe Dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- Waterford Public Infrastructure Project in Waterford City
- Northern Spire Bridge in Sunderland, UK
About Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD)
ROD is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently-owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
- A minimum of Level 8 honours degree in civil/structural engineering or equivalent
- Ability to work within a dynamic and multidisciplinary team
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Flexible, motivated and focused
- Strong technical knowledge and engineering skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to produce quality outputs
- Proficient in bridge/structural modelling and design software
- Knowledge of Eurocodes in the field of bridge / structural design
- Excellent numerical, analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status with a recognised professional body
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.