Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, D.18
About the role
This role provides an excellent opportunity for you to work, as part of a multidisciplinary team, on a variety of public and private building projects in the residential, health, education, community and commercial sectors.
Current and recent projects include:
- Trinity College Dublin Visitor Experience
- National Children’s Hospital Satellite Centres
- Motorway Operations Control Centre
- Social Housing at Cornamona Court
- Borris Vocational School
- Women’s Refuge Centre, Co. Wexford
- Meakstown Community Centre, Co. Dublin
- Heather House CNU, Cork City
- St. Fintan’s Hospital, Co. Laois
- Newtowncunningham primary care centre, Co. Donegal
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan and O’Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently-owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme. We have well-established graduate and chartership support programmes.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
- Honours degree in civil/structural engineering (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- Two to five years’ civil engineering design experience on building-related projects
- Knowledge and experience of design using MicroDrainage and/or Civil 3D
- Site development design experience for building projects (access roads, car parks, drainage, water, SUDS)
- Good organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent attention to detail and quality design outputs
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Knowledge and experience of housing design works
- Knowledge and experience of building regulations and technical guidance documents
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations (Construction)
- Knowledge/experience of BIM/REVIT/AutoCAD/Civil3D
- Working towards chartered status with a recognised professional body
- Full, clean driving licence
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link: https://roughan-and-odonovan.hirehive.com/job/100382/civil-engineer-buildings
Roughan & O'Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.