Contract type: Permanent
Location: Otley, Leeds
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
Working in teams and alongside contractor-clients, you will undertake technically demanding design and consultancy services work across a wide range of schemes, including bridge and highway works.
Our teams are led by experienced principal engineers, who report to our UK-based director.
ROD is a welcoming and friendly company. We genuinely care about our staff.
Our UK office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe, with free parking available.
We invite applications from:
- Bridge engineers
- Highway engineers
- Engineers who have worked in closely related discipline areas, such as geotechnics, drainage, structures, offshore etc.
- Engineers with a desire to specialise in bridge or highway engineering
- Minimum five years’ professional experience working on infrastructure and/or structural engineering projects (an exceptional candidate with less experience may be considered)
- A first class or 2:1 master’s degree in civil engineering or similar discipline accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (UK) for Chartered Engineer (CEng) or satisfying the educational base for CEng or equivalent (non-UK)
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- An appetite for responsibility
- A desire to learn
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) or nearing chartered status with ICE, IStructE or equivalent
- Multidisciplinary experience in areas such as highways, rail and moving bridges
- Experience in the use of codes of practice e.g. Eurocodes, BS 5400, DMRB
- In the case of bridge and highway engineers, computer modelling skills: grillages / finite element analysis or MX/Open Roads/Civil 3D
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Founded in 1974, Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is a director-owned company employing over 190 people in the UK and Ireland.
We provide civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services, with a notable specialism in bridges.
About 25% of our work is UK-based, and this figure is steadily increasing owing to our strong relationships with clients.
Current and recent projects include:
Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources;
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised;
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter.
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV.
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.