Location: Coonagh to Knockalisheen Distributor Road scheme, Limerick City
Duration: Up to two years
About the role
You will be part of the site-based team responsible for supervision of the construction stage of a new 2.2km urban dual carriageway road on the outskirts of north Limerick City.
The route comprises approximately 2.2km of urban dual carriageway road with footway and cycleways, 0.6km of new urban single carriageway road with footways and cycleways, and 2.0km of major improvements to an existing urban single carriageway road with footways and cycleways. It also includes the construction of two concrete overbridges over the existing Limerick to Galway railway line.
Your duties will include:
- supervision of major road construction, including earthworks
- construction of reinforced concrete structures, culverts and associated drainage
- traffic management
- materials quality and testing
- checking lines, formation, levels and layouts of the works to ensure conformity with the drawings and works requirements
- At least five years’ experience in the supervision or construction of road projects as a clerk of works
- An extensive knowledge of civil engineering works
- Knowledge of and experience in site supervision of contract works, including earthworks, drainage, bridge construction, road construction and reinstatement and control of roadworks
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, keep work records, measure and record all variations from contract and reading drawings
- Proficiency in IT, particularly in relation to document handling and production of reports
- A thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Experience as a former tradesman and/or foreman
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
Our current projects include the A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe dualling scheme in Northern Ireland, the Waterford North Quays Strategic Development Zone (SDZ) scheme, the N4 Mullingar to Longford (Roosky) Road project and the N5 Westport to Turlough Road project.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.