Location: Waterford City Centre
Duration: Up to six months
About the role
The South Plaza Enabling Works scheme is one of five enabling works schemes due to be undertaken in Waterford in 2022/2023. Designed and supervised by ROD, the schemes serve as preparation for the main infrastructure project, which it is hoped will commence in early 2023.
You will work as part of the site-based team responsible for supervising the location and removal/relocation of services in an area of Waterford City Centre. The purpose of the scheme is to clear underground services or obstructions from a 10,000sq m area, in preparation for the construction of a bridge landing and public plaza in the centre of the city.
You will report directly to a senior resident engineer based on an adjacent enabling works scheme.
- Working with a small contractor to locate and identify existing services in the area
- Supervising the decommissioning and removal or the relocation of services
- Supervising of traffic management arrangements
- Supervising safe working practices
- Measuring and recording measured bill items
- Directing and supervising trial pits to identify old quay walls and possible underground obstructions
- At least five years’ experience in the supervision of road construction projects in an urban environment as a clerk of works
- An extensive knowledge of civil engineering works
- Knowledge of and experience in site supervision of contract works, including earthworks, drainage, bridge construction, road construction and reinstatement and control of roadworks
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, keep work records, measure and record all variations from contract and reading drawings
- Proficiency in IT, particularly in relation to document handling and production of reports
- A thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan and O’Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently-owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme. We have well-established graduate and chartership support programmes.
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link: https://roughan-and-odonovan.hirehive.com/job/97719/clerk-of-works
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.