Job type: One-year contract
To apply: Email email@example.com
About the role
You will be part of a site-based team supervising the construction of gantries and the installation of intelligent transport systems (ITS) ducting along the M50 motorway, from Junction 14 to the M11.
The works will primarily involve:
- construction and installation, including the foundations, of two full-span gantries and eleven half-span gantries along the M50
- installation of ducting to provide the aforementioned gantries with the smart motorway capabilities to monitor and manage traffic along the M50
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
Our current projects include:
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- Waterford North Quays Strategic Development Zone (SDZ) scheme
- N4 Mullingar to Longford (Roosky) Road project
- N5 Westport to Turlough Road project
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
- At least five years’ experience in the supervision or construction of road projects as a clerk of works
- Extensive knowledge of civil engineering works
- Knowledge of and experience in site supervision of contract works, including structures, drainage, road construction, reinstatement, and control of roadworks
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, keep works records, measure and record all variations from contract, and read drawings
- Proficiency in IT, particularly in relation to document handling and production of reports
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
Experience as a former tradesman and/or foreman
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.