Job type: Fixed-term contract
Contract duration: Up to 30 months
Location: Waterford City Centre
About the role
You will be part of the site-based team responsible for supervising the construction of the transport hub, a key design element within the Waterford City Public Infrastructure scheme. You will report directly to the senior resident engineer responsible for the transport hub and associated civil works.
The works will primarily involve:
- a transport interchange hub which includes a railway station, integrated railway infrastructure flood defences and two pedestrian bridges which span the railway line
- A bus/ coach set down area along the Dock Road
The Transport Hub is connected to an underground parking facility in the North Quays SDZ site, a short-term set-down area, cycle parking facilities and the Waterford to New Ross Greenway.
Your duties will include:
- supervision of piling works for the train station and platforms including flood defence works
- supervision of all civil and structural works for the transport hub and associated civil works
- supervision of all works and finishes to the train, station, platforms and associated civil works
- supervision of traffic management arrangements
- supervision of safe working practices
- measuring and recording measured bill items
- At least fifteen years’ experience in the construction of building projects and associated civil infrastructure or railway infrastructure, including a minimum of five years' site-based experience
- An extensive knowledge of civil and structural engineering works
- Knowledge of and experience in site supervision of contract works, including earthworks, drainage, bridge and building construction
- Good organisational skills
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Experience of railway infrastructure and train stations
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, keep work records, measure and record all variations from contract and reading drawings
- Proficiency in IT, particularly in relation to document handling and production of reports
- A thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and its application in the workplace
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Our current projects include:
How to apply
Address your cover letter to Human Resources
Apply by clicking the link: https://bit.ly/3Bm7d5E
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.