Contract type: Permanent
Location: Dublin, Ireland or Leeds, UK, with agreed flexible/hybrid working arrangements
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
As a member of our multidisciplinary ITS team, you will support the delivery of Transport Infrastructure Ireland’s enhancing Motorway Operation Services (eMOS) programme, which includes the deployment and operation of variable speed limits on the M50. It is the first deployment of its kind in Ireland.
Your role will involve:
- Supporting the deployment of roadside technologies on Ireland’s motorway networks
- Researching and analysing datasets to uncover insights that can help optimise the road network, equipment and contractor performance
- Carrying out mathematical modelling and monitoring/analysis of measured traffic data to assist in real time operations and retrospective quantification of motorway performance
- Computer programming, development of engineering tools/algorithms, applied research, probabilistic/statistical analysis and technical report writing
- Developing models and visuals for a variety of datasets
- Providing inputs to relevant EU-funded research projects
Current and past projects include:
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently-owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
- Degree in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics or a related field (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Matlab, R, Python etc.) and the ability to write structured and maintainable code
- A keen interest and aptitude for data analytics and mathematical modelling
- The ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Flexible, motivated and innovative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and develop
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases (SQL etc.) and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge and experience of business intelligence/data visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and their advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of traffic modelling software packages e.g. Paramics, Vissim, etc.
- Knowledge of operational and traffic management measures that enhance the efficiency of major road networks
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Your cover letter and CV should be cut and pasted into the body of the email rather than being sent as separate attachments
- Email email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.