Job type: Permanent
Location: Otley, Leeds, UK
Salary: £32,000 to £42,000+ depending on experience
As a design engineer, you will be providing specialist and technically demanding input to bridge and multidisciplinary civil engineering projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with both existing and new bridges and civil structures across a range of materials and forms, superstructure, substructure and articulation elements
- Inputting at early project stages to scopes, specifications and interpretations of surveys, inspection and investigative works, optioneering, scheme design
- Detailed design: modelling, calculations, drawing production
- Document contributions, including authoring technical reports, such as AIPs, specifications and contract documents
- Assisting in the review of others' work: cat 3 checking as a client representative and designer’s site representative
- Supporting graduate engineers as they progress towards chartership. Our training scheme is approved by the ICE
Our very strong order book for 2022 and beyond features a broad range of bridgeworks and offers you much scope for career advancement.
- Minimum three years’ professional experience as a bridge engineer
- Chartership status with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or equivalent/have made significant demonstrable progress towards chartership
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and other standards
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Ability to undertake structural analysis modelling, such as grillages and finite element
- Confidence to undertake detailed design calculations independently
- A willingness and aptitude for understanding and contributing to colleagues’ work in areas beyond transportation infrastructure projects
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Founded in 1974, Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a director-owned company employing over 200 people in the UK and Ireland. Our managing director is based in Otley.
We provide civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services, with a notable specialism in bridges. About 20% of our work is UK-based, and this figure is steadily increasing due to our strong relationships with clients.
Current and recent bridge projects include:
- Humber Bridge Barton Tower side span A-frames works
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk
- Waterford Public Infrastructure Project
- River Cycle Bridge, Renfrewshire, Scotland
- Northern Spire Bridge in Sunderland
- Dublin moveable bridges – design development of 2 No. proposed high-profile structures
- Balanced cantilever segmental post-tensioned bridge cat 3 check
ROD is a welcoming company. We genuinely care about our staff. Our UK office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe, with parking available.
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking on the link: https://roughan-and-odonovan.hirehive.com/job/97822/design-bridge-engineers
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.