Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18
Closing date: 23 April 2021
To apply: Email email@example.com
About the role
You will join a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team who have successfully delivered transportation projects for upgraded rail lines, light railways, motorways, public transport facilities, rural roads, cycleway and pedestrian schemes across Ireland and the UK.
Our team has the experience and skills to cover the full life cycle of transport assets – from initial investigations and modelling, through construction management, to the maintenance of transport networks.
Current and recent projects include:
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- At least three years’ design or construction experience in civil engineering projects
- Good knowledge of Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) Publications and the Highways England Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB)
- Good knowledge of the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets (DMURS), the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs manuals, the Cycle Design Guidelines manual, and the Traffic Management Guidelines manual
- Basic knowledge of construction procurement
- Experience in preparing reports
- Experience in implementing quality procedures and records
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- A master’s degree in civil engineering (Level 9 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer or working towards the chartership title
- Competency in the use of 3D modelling software, such as Civil 3D, OpenRoads, and MX
- Experience in drainage design
- Experience in pavement design
- Competency in the use of traffic modelling software packages, such as Paramics, LinSig, and Junctions
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
- Address your cover letter to HR
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Your cover letter and CV should be cut and pasted into the body of the email rather than being sent as separate attachments
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 23 April 2021.
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.