Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland
About the role
You will join a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team who have successfully delivered transportation projects for upgraded rail lines, light railways, motorways, public transport facilities, rural roads, cycleway and pedestrian schemes across Ireland and the UK.
Our team has the experience and skills to cover the full life cycle of transport assets – from initial investigations and modelling, through construction management, to the maintenance of transport networks.
Current and recent projects include:
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- At least three years’ design or construction experience in civil engineering projects
- A good knowledge of Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) Publications and the Highways England Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB)
- A good knowledge of the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets (DMURS), the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs manuals, the Cycle Design Guidelines manual, and the Traffic Management Guidelines manual
- A good knowledge of construction procurement
- Basic knowledge of Planning Application Process
- Experience in preparing reports
- Experience in implementing quality procedures and records
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- A master’s degree in civil engineering (Level 9 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- Chartered or working towards the chartership title
- Competency in AutoCAD
- Competency in the use of 3D modelling software, such as Civil 3D, OpenRoads, and MX
- Experience in drainage design
- Experience in pavement design
- Competency in the use of traffic modelling software packages, such as Paramics, LinSig, and Junctions
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan and O’Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently-owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme. We have well-established graduate and chartership support programmes.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link: https://roughan-and-odonovan.hirehive.com/job/97671/design-engineer
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.