Contract type: Permanent
Location: Our offices in Ireland or UK
To apply: email@example.com
About the role
You will join a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team who have successfully delivered a wide range of civil engineering projects for both public and private sector clients across Ireland and the UK.
With experience and expertise across a range of technical disciplines, including environmental science, ecology, hydrology, hydrogeology, and planning, we have successfully delivered over €3 billion worth of projects.
Our portfolio features:
- Flood alleviation schemes
- Sustainable flood risk management planning and policy development
- Climate Change adaptation strategies
- Bridges, highways, roads, public transport and greenways in Ireland and the UK
- Residential, health, education, office and retail developments
Current and recent projects include:
- DART+ West project (Maynooth Line Upgrade)
- WATCH – Water Management in the Face of Climate Change
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- Waterford North Quays SDZ project
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- Ballycullen Flood Defence Scheme
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessments, stormwater management strategies and Water Framework Directive catchment pressure assessments for local authorities
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan and O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland's leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancies with a growing presence in the UK. An independently-owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Recent awards include ‘Project of the Year’ at the ACEI Engineering Excellence Awards 2021 for the Motorway Operations Control Centre in Dublin.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme. We have developed comprehensive student placement, internship, graduate and chartership support programmes to help our team reach their full potential, both as individuals and as engineers.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
- 3+ years’ relevant experience
- Relevant degree in civil/environmental engineering (Level 8 in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications)
- Ability to work in a team and/or independently
- Experience in preparing reports
- Experience in implementing quality procedures and records
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Master's degree in civil/environmental engineering (Level 9 in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications)
- Experience of surface water, foul drainage, wastewater treatment and water supply infrastructure design from planning stage through to construction for rural roads (to TII standards), urban roads and development sites
- Experience of hydrological estimation methodologies
- Experience of 1D-2D flood modelling (rivers and watercourses)
- Experience of site-specific flood risk assessments
- Experience of the design of site specific SuDS strategies
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Copy and paste your cover letter and CV into the body of your email (rather than sending them as separate attachments)
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunities employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.