Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, D. 18 or Northwood, D. 9
To apply: Email email@example.com
You will work in an integrated team of ecologists, environmental scientists, planners and engineers and assist in the assessment and delivery of a range of projects, including rail, roads, greenways, buildings and bridges.
You will get involved in the ecological and biodiversity aspects of plans and projects.
Your main focus areas will include:
- undertaking field surveys
- technical reporting (Ecological Impact Assessments and Appropriate Assessments)
- consultation with stakeholders and prescribed bodies
- overseeing the implementation of mitigation measures and ecological enhancements
ROD's environment and ecology team has more than 20 years’ experience in the delivery of environmental planning services to clients across Ireland and UK, including:
- guiding clients through complex environmental legislation and regulation
- adopting strategies to mitigate and manage planning risk
- supporting the consultation and stakeholder engagement process
Current projects include:
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. Our company has grown rapidly in recent years, and we now employ over 200 people in our Dublin and UK offices. A multidisciplinary consultancy, we are committed to playing our part in creating a low-carbon future for the built environment.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
- Degree in ecology or a related biological/environmental science subject with an ecological component (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- 3-5 years’ experience in ecological/planning consultancy
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or equivalent
- Familiarity with relevant Irish and European legislation e.g. Habitats Directive, Birds Directive, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Directive, Birds and Natural Habitats Regulations
- Experience in preparing Appropriate Assessment Screening Reports, Natura Impact Statements, Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) Biodiversity Chapters and Ecological Impact Assessments
- Good field skills and a keen interest and understanding of Irish wildlife
- Demonstrated field survey experience in ecology e.g. habitat classification (Fossitt), badger, otter, bat, bird and invasive species surveys
- Excellent report writing skills
- Hard-working and highly motivated
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Client-focused with good interpersonal skills and a team approach
- Physically fit and willing to undertake fieldwork in remote areas and in all weather conditions
- Excellent communication and IT skills, with the ability to record data efficiently and methodically
- Full clean driving licence
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant ecological discipline that includes practical experience
- Experience using GIS systems e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS and/or others
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.