Contract type: Permanent
Location: Otley, Leeds
Start date: Summer or autumn 2020
To apply: Email email@example.com
As a member of our UK team, you will gain valuable experience across a wide range of high-profile bridge and highway works schemes.
You will receive one-to-one support from dedicated mentors and develop your technical and professional skills through formal and informal training.
ROD is a welcoming and friendly company. We genuinely care about our staff.
Our UK office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe, with parking available.
- A first class or 2:1 master’s degree in civil engineering or similar discipline or expecting to obtain same in 2020
- A master’s degree accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (UK) for Chartered Engineer (CEng) or satisfying the educational base for CEng or equivalent (non-UK)
- Commitment to the civil engineering profession
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- A desire to learn
- Fluent or highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues
- Willingness to take the initiative
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Founded in 1974, Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is a director-owned company employing over 190 people in the UK and Ireland.
We provide civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services, with a notable specialism in bridges.
About 25% of our work is UK-based, and this figure is steadily increasing owing to our strong relationships with clients.
Current and recent projects include:
Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources;
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised;
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter.
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV.
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.