Job type: Permanent
Location: Otley, Leeds UK
Start date: Summer or autumn 2021
Closing date: 20 November 2020
As a member of ROD's UK team, you will gain valuable experience across a wide range of high-profile bridge and highway works schemes.
You will receive one-to-one support from dedicated mentors and develop your technical and professional skills through formal and informal training.
ROD is an approved employer with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and offers training schemes for graduate engineers working towards professional engineering qualifications, including Chartered Engineer (CEng).
ROD is a welcoming and friendly company. We genuinely care about our staff. Our UK office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque, wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe, with parking available.
- First class or 2:1 master’s degree in civil engineering or similar discipline or expecting to obtain the same in 2021
- Strong analytical skills
- Good teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Good work ethic
- Commitment to the civil engineering profession
- Fluent or highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Your degree is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (UK) for Chartered Engineer (CEng) or satisfies the educational base for CEng or equivalent (non-UK)
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Founded in 1974, Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is a director-owned company employing over 200 people in the UK and Ireland.
We provide civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services, with a notable specialism in bridges.
About 25% of our work is UK-based, and this figure is steadily increasing owing to our strong relationships with clients.
Current and recent projects include:
Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with relevant legislation.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.