Job type: Permanent
Location: Otley, Leeds UK
Closing date: 8 November 2021
Start date: summer/autumn 2022
About the role
As a member of our UK team, you will gain valuable experience across a wide range of high-profile bridge and highway works schemes.
You will receive one-to-one support from dedicated mentors and develop your technical and professional skills through formal and informal training.
ROD is an approved employer with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and offers training schemes for graduate engineers working towards professional engineering qualifications, including Chartered Engineer (CEng).
ROD is a welcoming and friendly company. We genuinely care about our staff.
Our UK office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe, with free parking available.
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Founded in 1974, ROD is a director-owned company employing over 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in the UK and Ireland.
We provide civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services, with a notable specialism in bridges.
About 20% of our work is UK-based, and this figure is steadily increasing owing to our strong relationships with clients.
Current and recent projects include:
- The River Clyde’s first opening road bridge in Renfrewshire, Scotland
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk
- Northern Spire Bridge in Sunderland
- M8/M73/M74 motorway upgrade in Scotland
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- A6 Randalstown to Castledawson ECI in Northern Ireland
- A first class or 2:1 master’s degree in civil engineering or similar discipline or expecting to obtain the same in 2022
- Your degree must be accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (UK) for Chartered Engineer (CEng) or satisfy the educational base for CEng or equivalent (non-UK)
- Strong analytical skills
- Good teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills
- A good work ethic
- Commitment to the civil engineering profession
- Fluent or highly proficient in spoken and written English
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Copy and paste your cover letter and CV into the body of your email (rather than sending them as separate attachments)
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.