Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Santry, Dublin 17
Salary: Commensurate with relevant experience
About the role
Working in an integrated team of ecologists, environmental scientists, planners and engineers, you will get involved in the ecological and biodiversity aspects of plans and infrastructure projects.
Undertaking field surveys and technical reporting represent key aspects of the role.
Current projects include:
- Degree in ecology or a related biological/environmental science subject with an ecological component
- Good field skills and a keen interest and understanding of Irish wildlife
- Excellent report writing skills
- Hard-working and highly motivated
- Client-focused with good interpersonal skills and a team approach
- Physically fit and willing to undertake fieldwork in remote areas and in all weather conditions
- Excellent communication and IT skills, with the ability to record data efficiently and methodically
- Full clean driving licence
- Membership of CIEEM or working towards membership
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant ecological discipline that includes practical experience
- Familiarity with relevant Irish and European legislation, such as the Habitats Directive, Birds Directive, EIA Directive, Birds and Natural Habitats Regulations
- Experience using GIS systems, such as ArcGIS, QGIS and / or others
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link: https://bit.ly/3n04gnb
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.