Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Santry, Dublin 17
About the role
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will gain valuable experience delivering projects across a range of sectors, including transportation, infrastructure development and tourism.
You will also participate in a structured training and development programme designed to help you build the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to become chartered.
Our current projects include:
- Planning and environmental appraisal of sites/lands
- Preparation of supporting documentation for feasibility studies and planning applications
- Preparation of inputs for and coordination of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)
- Preparation of inputs for and coordination of Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEAs)
- Inputs to assessments of Climate Action Plans
- Liaison with clients, stakeholders, regulators, subcontractors and other internal disciplines as required
- Relevant planning/environmental science qualification (BSc, BA, MSc)
- Knowledge of EIA and SEA processes
- Good knowledge of environmental, climate and sustainability issues
- Excellent report writing and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a busy environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and quality outputs
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency/high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Self-motivated, positive, assertive and focused
- Relevant MSc qualification
- Experience using Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- A desire for delivery of environmentally sustainable solutions
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link:https://bit.ly/3Tnyg8F
Roughan & O'Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.