Job status: Permanent
Location: Dublin South
To apply: Email email@example.com
This is an exciting opportunity for professionals with 1-3 years’ experience to increase their practical HR experience by working as part of a team of two in a well-established, rapidly growing company.
- Provide HR support to managers across a range of areas, including employee engagement, recruitment & selection, performance management, compensation and benefits, training and development and communications
- Ensure employee/HR records are updated and completed to meet employment legislation and business needs and work to an organised HR process
- Manage the administration of the annual appraisal system
- Manage the recruitment and induction process
- Assist with specific HR and business-related projects requiring HR input
- Advise and support management in relation to employee relations and resolution of people issues, and provide guidance and advice to managers on performance issues
- Produce HR management information, reports and statistics
- Manage the HR filing system, HR data on company database, sickness, holiday and working time records
- Assist in the monthly payroll process
- Provide up-to-date employment legislation and best practice advice to senior management
- Assist in planning learning and development /ongoing CPD for employees
- One to three years’ strong HR administration experience
- A degree or FETAC LEVEL 8 Qualification in HR or related discipline (CIPD accredited preferred)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planning, organisation and prioritising skills
- Good knowledge of employment law in Ireland
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work without close supervision and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides an enjoyable workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O'Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.