Contract type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Northwood, Dublin 9
Apply to: email@example.com
About the role
Your role will involve the collection of field data and the preparation of hydrogeological risk assessments, groundwater resource assessments and relevant sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs).
You will also provide input to desktop studies, field mapping and reporting work across a broad range of projects.
Experience in the design and implementation of hydrogeological surveys and projects, drilling supervision and test pumping is required.
About our environmental team
Our environmental team is working on some of the most exciting infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Ireland and the UK.
Our team is driven by highly qualified and enthusiastic engineers, environmental scientists, ecologists, hydrologists and town planners.
With well-established client relationships in Ireland and the UK, together with a strong multidisciplinary team approach to project delivery across the company, we maintain a full and varied project load.
- MSc degree in hydrogeology
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience in the design and implementation of hydrogeological surveys and projects, drilling supervision and test pumping
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Irish hydrogeology
- Proven field skills
- Excellent Geographic Information System (GIS) skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and planning requirements
- Experience supporting the management of projects
- Full driving licence
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence.
You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our Engineers Ireland-accredited CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Current projects include:
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Specify if you have a preference for working in either Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Northwood, Dublin 9
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.