Contract duration: Permanent
Location: Office based, Sandyford
Reporting to our ICT director, you will:
- manage a team of three people to ensure the best level of service for our internal customers
- ensure ROD’s information systems operate efficiently with the allocated resources
- initiate and manage projects as directed by our management team
- stay abreast of developments in IT
- Providing ongoing support to staff regarding hardware, software, network access, security etc.
- Planning and managing the purchase of hardware and licenses for all staff in line with our business strategy and under the guidance of our managing director and BIM Manager
- Planning and managing the upgrade of IT systems
- Carrying out and reporting on discrete IT projects with clear objectives
- Carrying out/supervising in-office changes and upgrades to hardware at workstations
- Researching and benchmarking best practice IT systems as appropriate and in line with our business strategy and goals
- Providing reports to the finance team on estimated costs of IT infrastructure improvements, licensing, equipment etc.
- Providing reports to the finance team and/or director on upgrades implemented, hardware and software in use etc.
- Optimising remote working tools, software, equipment, in line with our business needs and strategy
- Staying up-to-date with trends and developments in IT for professional services and sharing information with the relevant stakeholders
- Degree in IT/associated related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10 years’ experience working at management level in a challenging, high-pressure environment in a similar sector e.g. professional services
- Experience of IT management procedures and policies
- Management of a team
- Cost and budget management
- Cost optimisation
- Vendor management
- Asset management
- Configuration management
- Operating a service desk
- Incident and problem management
- Security management
- Risk management
- Business process controls and internal audit
- External compliance
- Disaster recovery planning
- People management and communications
- Ability to prioritise work and assign duties
Experience managing the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft O365 management
- Automation, Powershell and scripting
- Helpdesk admin and management
- Report writing for non-technical colleagues
- System monitoring and management
- SharePoint\Extranet environment management
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We are also currently advertising for a senior systems administrator and will be reviewing applications for both the IT manager and senior systems administrator roles to find the best match for our business. Only one candidate will be sourced from the two adverts.
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.