Job type: Permanent
Location: Otley, Leeds, UK
Salary: £43,000 to £55,000 depending on experience
About the role
As a principal or senior civil engineer in ROD's UK bridges and highways team, you will undertake technically demanding consultancy services work. You will also assist ROD’s senior management in Otley in growing the company's footprint in the UK by providing support on bids and tenders.
While you will work predominantly on transportation infrastructure projects, you will also have the opportunity to work across a range of civil engineering disciplines.
ROD is a welcoming and friendly company. We genuinely care about our staff.
Our UK office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe, with free parking available.
- Minimum 10 years’ (principal engineer) or 7 years’ (senior engineer) professional experience
- Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the use of DMRB and / or other standards and legislation
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Multidisciplinary consultancy or contracting experience in any civil engineering discipline, such as highways, bridges, structural, geotechnics, rail or water
- A willingness and aptitude to work across a range of civil engineering disciplines
- Interest in developing the business by working on bids, tenders and liaising directly with clients
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Founded in 1974, Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a director-owned company employing over 200 people in the UK and Ireland. Our managing director is based in Otley.
We provide civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services, with a notable specialism in bridges.
About 20% of our work is UK-based, and this figure is steadily increasing owing to our strong relationships with clients.
Current and recent projects include:
- The River Clyde’s first opening road bridge, Renfrewshire, Scotland
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk
- Northern Spire Bridge in Sunderland
- M8/M73/M74 motorways upgrade in Scotland
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- A6 Randalstown to Castledawson ECI in Northern Ireland
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Copy and paste your cover letter and CV into the body of your email (rather than sending them as separate attachments)
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.