Job type: Contract
Duration: Up to three years
Location: Ennis, Co. Clare or Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
About the role
You will part of a team with responsibility for monitoring and supervising the contractors involved in motorway maintenance and renewal in Region West (Midlands/West area), including parts of the N/M4, N/M6, M7, N/M18, N19, N20, N21 and N85.
The MCAAS contract involves monitoring and supervising periodic and non-routine inspections, cyclic, winter, structural, pavement, bridges, structures, drainage, environmental, landscape and electrical maintenance.
Monitoring and supervising pavement renewal works is a key aspect of the role.
The successful candidate will be based in TII Motorway Maintenance Depot, Tulla Road, Ennis, Co. Clare or TII Motorway Maintenance Depot, M7 Junction 26, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
Night-time working is a feature of this role.
- A degree in engineering (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- At least five years’ satisfactory experience of engineering work, including not less than three years’ experience of civil engineering work on highway/road infrastructure projects
- Experience monitoring contractors for compliance with health and safety
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong work ethic
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations
- Competency in the use of the Microsoft Suite and AutoCAD
- Experience in reading and understanding plans and specifications
- Experience in implementing procedures and systems for accurate record-keeping
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
How to apply
Address your cover letter to Human Resources
Apply by clicking the link: https://bit.ly/42hD4AS
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer. For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.