Job type: One-year contract
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
You will be part of a team supervising the construction of gantries and the installation of intelligent transport systems (ITS) ducting along the M50 motorway, from Junction 14 to the M11.
The works will primarily involve:
- construction and installation, including foundations, of two full-span gantries and eleven half-span gantries along the M50
- installation of ducting to provide the aforementioned gantries with the smart motorway capabilities to monitor and manage traffic along the M50
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
Our current projects include:
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- Waterford North Quays Strategic Development Zone (SDZ) scheme
- N4 Mullingar to Longford (Roosky) Road project
- N5 Westport to Turlough Road project
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
- A degree in engineering (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- At least five years’ postgraduate experience in the design or construction of road projects
- Experience in administering the public works forms of contract
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Suite and AutoCAD
- Competency in reading and understanding plans and specifications
- Experience in implementing procedures and systems for accurate record-keeping
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports
- Chartered engineer status (CEng MIEI or equivalent)
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.