Location: Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon
Duration: Between six and nine months
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
You will supervise the ground investigation contract along the proposed route of the N5 Ballaghaderreen to Scramogue road scheme, which consists of 33km of new Type 1 single carriageway and 15.4km of realignment of existing roads.
- A degree in engineering (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- At least five years’ postgraduate experience, including a minimum of three years’ combined experience in the role of resident engineer (or equivalent) on civil engineering projects
- Experience in administering the Public Works forms of contract
- Experience in the supervision of ground investigation contracts
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports
- Experience in managing the procedures and systems for accurate record-keeping and claims management
- Chartered engineer status (CEng MIEI or equivalent)
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Our current projects include the:
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe Dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- Waterford North Quays Infrastructure scheme
- Dursey Island Cable Car and Visitor Centre
- Rosslare to Waterford Greenway
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.