Location: N5 Westport to Turlough Road Scheme
Contract duration: 2 – 2.5 years
About the role
You will be part of the site-based team responsible for supervision of the construction stage of a new national primary road, new national secondary road and all ancillary works. The route consists of approximately 20.3km of Type 2 dual carriageway and approximately 5.2km of single carriageway, including a section of online improvement.
Your duties will include supervision of major road construction, including earthwork, construction of reinforced concrete structures, culverts and associated drainage, traffic management, workmanship, materials quality and testing, checking lines, formation, levels and layouts of the works to ensure conformity with the drawings and works requirements.
- A degree in engineering (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- At least five years’ postgraduate experience in the design or construction of road projects
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Suite and AutoCAD
- Competency in reading and understanding plans and specifications
- Experience in implementing procedures and systems for accurate record-keeping
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports
- Chartered engineer status (CEng MIEI or equivalent)
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Our current projects include:
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe Dualling scheme
- Waterford North Quays Infrastructure scheme
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- Rosslare to Waterford Greenway
- Dursey Island Cable Car and Visitor Centre
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.