Location: Naas Road, Long Mile Road Interchange, Dublin
Duration: Up to one year
About the role
You will be responsible for the management and supervision of the Naas Road Cycleway scheme.
The project involves the reconfiguration of the northbound carriageway to provide a two-way cycle track along the northern footpath of the R110 Naas Road, west of the Long Mile Road hamburger junction.
Ancillary works include services diversions and upgrades, public lighting and traffic management.
- A degree in engineering (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- At least five years’ satisfactory experience of engineering work, including not less than two years’ experience of civil engineering work and the delivery of infrastructure projects
- A high standard of technical training and experience, including administrative experience of contracts i.e. the roles and duties of the respective parties etc.
- Experience of monitoring the contractor for compliance with health and safety
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations
- Competency in the use of the Microsoft Suite and AutoCAD
- Competency in reading and understanding plans and specifications
- Experience in implementing procedures and systems for accurate record-keeping
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports
- Chartered engineer status (CEng MIEI or equivalent)
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme.
Our current projects include:
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link here: https://bit.ly/3J95h51
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer. For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.