Location: Athy Distributor Road
Duration: Up to two years
To apply: Email email@example.com
About the role
You will be part of the site supervision team for the construction of a new 3.4km semi-urban distributor road on the outskirts of Athy.
The scheme also comprises:
- two signalised junctions
- two new roundabouts
- reconfiguration of an existing roundabout
- associated footway and cycleways
The route crosses the River Barrow with an 80-metre single-span, steel composite bridge and the Dublin to Waterford railway with two-span, precast concrete beams and infill deck.
- Degree in engineering or construction management (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- At least five years’ postgraduate experience in the design or construction supervision of roads / bridges projects
- Experience in the design or construction supervision of at least one project involving an individual bridge structure with a construction value in excess of €1 million (Resident Engineer Roads)
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Suite and AutoCAD
- Experienced in implementing procedures and systems for accurate record-keeping
- Experienced in preparing clear and concise reports
- Chartered engineer status (CEng MIEI or equivalent)
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. Our company has grown rapidly in recent years, and we now employ over 200 people of 20 nationalities in our Dublin and UK offices.
Current projects include:
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Copy and paste your cover letter and CV into the body of your email (rather than sending them as separate attachments)
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.