Contract type: Permanent
Location: Otley, 15 km north of Leeds
To apply: Email email@example.com
You will work alongside colleagues and contractor-clients providing technical engineering support for bridgeworks on a wide range of schemes. You will also provide guidance and support to the more junior bridge engineers within the team.
Our UK bridges team undertakes technically demanding design and consultancy services work. The team is led by a principal bridge engineer, who reports to a UK based director.
ROD is a welcoming and friendly company. We genuinely care about our staff. Our Otley office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe.
- Minimum ten years’ professional experience working with the technical aspects of bridges (less may be considered for an exceptional candidate)
- Chartered Engineer with the ICE or IStructE
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the use of bridge codes of practice e.g. Eurocodes, BS 5400, DMRB
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Advanced computer structural modelling skills: grillages and finite element analysis
- Multidisciplinary experience, including highways, rail and moving bridges
- Experience in working directly with clients
- A desire to learn
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a director owned company founded in 1974. We employ over 190 people in the UK and Ireland. About 25% of our work is currently UK based, and this figure has been growing steadily owing to our strong relationships with clients.
ROD provides civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services with a notable specialism in bridges. Our head office is in Dublin. Our UK office is in the Yorkshire market town of Otley, 15 km north of Leeds.
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.