Contract type: Permanent
Location: Otley, Leeds
To apply: Email email@example.com
About the role
As a senior bridge engineer, you will work undertake technically demanding design and consultancy services work and provide guidance and support to the more junior members of our UK bridges team.
Our team is led by an experienced principal bridge engineer, who reports to our UK-based director.
ROD is a welcoming and friendly company. We genuinely care about our staff.
Our UK office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe, with free parking available.
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience working with the technical aspects of bridges (an exceptional candidate with less experience may also be considered)
- Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the use of bridge codes of practice e.g. Eurocodes, BS 5400, DMRB
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Advanced computer structural modelling skills: grillages and finite element analysis
- Multidisciplinary experience, including highways, rail and moving bridges
- Experience in working directly with clients
- A desire to learn
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Founded in 1974, Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is a director-owned company employing over 190 people in the UK and Ireland.
We provide civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services, with a notable specialism in bridges.
About 25% of our work is UK-based, and this figure is steadily increasing owing to our strong relationships with clients.
Current and recent UK bridge projects include:
Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.