Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland
About our transportation team
Roughan & O'Donovan provides integrated transportation planning and design services for road, rail, bus rapid transit, cycleway and pedestrian schemes.
We have the experience and skills to cover the full life-cycle of transport assets - from initial investigations and modelling, through construction management, to the maintenance of transport networks. We also offer state-of-the-art technologies for traffic and transport modelling.
Recent and current projects include:
- Qualified engineer with a minimum of an honours degree in civil engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- Eight-15 years’ postgraduate experience in the civil engineering sector
- A minimum of five years’ direct experience in design for transportation projects
- Chartered membership of a recognised professional body in the engineering sector
- Knowledge of Irish design standards e.g. TII Publications, DMURS, National Cycle Manual, etc.
- Experience preparing detailed works contract specifications
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and capacity to produce quality design outputs
- Comfortable working in a busy work environment with tight deadlines
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Flexible, motivated and focused
- A desire to learn and develop
- Fluent or highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Good organisational skills
- A strong work ethic
- Knowledge of 3D roads design software e.g. Openroads, MX and Civil 3D
- Knowledge of TII and NTA project management guidelines
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan and O’Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently-owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme. We have well-established graduate and chartership support programmes.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking on the link: https://roughan-and-odonovan.hirehive.com/job/97715/senior-civil-engineer
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.