Job type: Permanent
To apply: Email email@example.com
As a member of our highways and transportation team, you will provide planning, design and construction support for a variety of infrastructure projects related to surface water drainage and flooding.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Five to ten years' relevant experience and sector knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge and engineering skills
- Experience of designing surface water drainage systems for road projects, in accordance with DMRB
- Experience of design-build contracts
- Experience of storm catchment assessment and analysis, hydrology/flood risk assessments
- Experience of hydraulic analysis and design of storm water drainage systems (all stages)
- Capable of producing quality design outputs
- Fluent or highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Flexible, motivated and focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team
- Capable of providing a high-quality service to our clients in the public and private sectors
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Windes/Microdrainage, StormCAD, Infoworks, FloodModeller and HEC-RAS
- Membership of a professional body, such as Engineers Ireland or the Institute of Civil Engineers
- Chartered status or nearing chartered status
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Our current projects include the Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK, the Dursey Island Cable Car and Visitor Centre, the Waterford North Quays Infrastructure scheme, the A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe Dualling scheme and the Rosslare to Waterford Greenway.
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.