Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, D.18 and Northwood, D.9
To apply: Email email@example.com
About the role
You will join a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team who have successfully delivered a wide range of civil engineering projects for both public and private sector clients across Ireland and the UK.
With experience and expertise across a range of technical disciplines, including environmental science, ecology, hydrology, hydrogeology, and planning, we have successfully delivered over €3 billion worth of projects.
Our portfolio features:
- Flood alleviation schemes
- Sustainable flood risk management planning and policy development
- Climate change adaptation strategies
- Bridges, highways, roads, public transport and greenways in Ireland and the UK
- Residential, health, education, office and retail developments
Current and recent projects include:
- DART+ West Project (Maynooth Line Upgrade)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessments, stormwater management strategies and Water Framework Directive catchment pressure assessments for local authorities
- WATCH – Water Management in the Face of Climate Change
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- Waterford North Quays SDZ project
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe Dualling scheme, Northern Ireland
- Ballycullen Flood Defence Scheme
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland's leading civil, environmental, and structural engineering consultancies. With a team of more than 200 in our Dublin and UK offices, we plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
- 8+ years’ relevant experience
- Honours degree in civil/environmental engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- Ability to work in a team and/or independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of mentoring junior engineering staff in all aspects of design
- Good understanding of ethical issues in engineering design, including safety
- Full driving licence
- Chartered Engineer
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Master’s degree in civil/environmental engineering (Level 9 in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- Experience of surface water, foul drainage, wastewater treatment and water supply infrastructure design from planning stage through to construction for rural roads (to TII standards), urban roads and development sites
- Experience of Section 50 applications to OPW
- Experience of hydrological estimation methodologies
- Experience of 1D-2D flood modelling (rivers and watercourses)
- Experience of strategic flood risk assessment
- Experience of site-specific flood risk assessment
- Experience of the design of site specific SuDS (sustainable urban drainage systems) strategies
- Knowledge of national, regional and local drainage policy
- Knowledge of Appropriate Assessment (AA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) processes
- Experience in the preparation of contract documents for infrastructure and development projects
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Your cover letter and CV should be cut and pasted into the body of the email rather than being sent as separate attachments
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunities employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.