Contract type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18 and Northwood, Dublin 9
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
You will work on some of the most exciting infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Ireland and the UK.
Your team will include engineers, environmental scientists, ecologists, hydrologists, hydrogeologists and town planners.
A minimum of five years’ experience in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and the planning of infrastructure projects is required.
- Managing the planning aspects of medium to large-scale infrastructure projects and ensuring all environmental and planning requirements are met
- Preparing and coordinating all aspects of the EIA process
- Preparing relevant planning application documentation, including Part 8 planning applications, foreshore applications, EIA, Appropriate Assessment (AA), Strategic Infrastructure Development (SID) applications and licences/permit applications
- Organising public consultation events, including oral hearings and stakeholder engagement events
- Consulting with statutory and non statutory consultees
- Advising clients on environmental and planning requirements
- Undertaking environmental and planning appraisal of sites
- Relevant environmental science/planning qualification, such as BSc, BA, MSc
- Five years’ experience in the planning/environmental assessment sector
- Good knowledge and experience of planning and environmental legislation
- Fluency or a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Comfortable working in a busy environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, highly organised, ambitious, positive and focused
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent report writing and interpersonal skills
- MSc qualification
- Member of a recognised professional body in the field, such as the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and the Irish Planning Institute (IPI)
- Chartered member of a recognised professional body in the field or working towards chartership
- Full driving licence
- Experience in using a Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Experience in strategic policy development and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence.
You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Current projects include:
- Waterford North Quays Strategic Development Zone (SDZ)
- DART Expansion
- Rosslare to Waterford Greenway
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- N4 Mullingar to Longford Road project
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Specify if you have a preference for working in either Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Northwood, Dublin 9
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.