Contract type: Permanent
Location: Otley, Leeds
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
As a senior highways engineer, you will undertake technically demanding design and consultancy services work and provide guidance and support to the more junior members of our UK highways team.
Our team is led by an experienced principal highways engineer, who reports to our UK-based director.
ROD is a welcoming and friendly company. We genuinely care about our staff.
Our UK office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe, with free parking available.
- Minimum 7 years’ professional experience working with the technical aspects of highways (an exceptional candidate with less experience may also be considered)
- Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the use of DMRB and other standards and legislation
- 3D design advanced software skills (Civil3D/Open Roads/MX)
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Multidisciplinary experience, including pavement, road signs and marking, drainage, cost estimates, etc.
- Experience in working directly with clients
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- An appetite for responsibility
- A desire to learn
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Founded in 1974, Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is a director-owned company employing over 190 people in the UK and Ireland.
We provide civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services, about 25% of our work is UK-based, and this figure is steadily increasing owing to our strong relationships with clients.
Current and recent transportation projects include:
- M8M73M74 Motorways upgrade in Scotland
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- A6 Randalstown to Castledawson ECI in Northern Ireland
- Urban road network connecting to Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing
Our full portfolio of UK and Ireland transportation projects can be visited here https://www.rod.ie/projects
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first seen it advertised
- Your cover letter and CV should be cut and pasted into the body of the email - not sent as separate attachments
- Email email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.